Setting up native VPN connection on Windows 7 – SSTP VPN Setup Instructions
How to setup SSTP VPN on Windows 7
- Open the Windows 7Control Panel
- Open View Network Status and Tasks
- Click on Setup new connection or network
- Click on Connect to a workplace and click Next
- Choose to setup a VPN connection
- In the Internet address enter one of the following names:
- UK1.LIMEVPN.COM for United Kingdom
- SG.LIMEVPN.COM for Singapore
- US1.LIMEVPN.COM for USA
- US2.LIMEVPN.COM for USA
- NL1.LIMEVPN.COM for Netherlands
- AUS1.LIMEVPN.COM for Australia
- see the other server’s addresses in the right column
Type LimeVPN SSTP in the Destination name. Check Don`t connect now then Next.
- Type in your LimeVPN login email and Password in their respective fields. Leave Domain blank and click Create
- Click Close
- To get the Connection Ready
Right–click on the LimeVPN connection, and choose Properties from the menu.
- Select Security tab
On Type of VPN select Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP VPN), also be sure that under Data encryption is selected Require Encryption (disconnect if server declines) Click OK.
- Select Networking tab
Put the checkmarks as it’s shown on the following picture.
Click OK to save your settings.
- When you want to connect to LimeVPN, just double–click on the connection and click the Connect button. Enter your username and password (if you didn’t save it) and you’ll connect!
How to create native SSTP VPN connection on Windows 7?
Simply configure your Windows 7 network settings as it listed in this SSTP VPN configuration guide. Make each point done one after another and you’ll get your Windows 7 PC connected to VPN using SSTP protocol in no longer then 5 minutes. This Windows 7 SSTP VPN Setup tutorial may seem to you as a challenging task to perform but actually it’s very simple when you have step-by-step easy-to follow SSTP VPN configuration guide. Basically, you can use it as a reference to configure SSTP VPN connection for any VPN service provider on any Windows 7 computer. A couple of things that you need in this case will be: your VPN provider servers addresses and your VPN account authentication data (Login \ password). We made a ton of screenshots for this Windows 7 SSTP VPN Setup guide, so if you have any doubts on configuring some point, simply find respective screenshot and configure SSTP VPN connection with ease. SSTP connection is the best option when you need to bypass filters or circumvent restrictions. However, for better speed we would recommend to use PPTP VPN connection and for better security we suggest setting up L2TP VPN connection on your Windows 7 PC.
How to configure SSTP VPN in Windows 7?
Sometimes in order to create SSTP VPN connection on Windows 7 you will need to consult a professional tutorial such as the one above. It will give you a thorough and detailed step–by–step explanations on setting up Windows 7 SSTP VPN connection. In other words, this how to make Windows 7 SSTP VPN setup guide will give you answers to all the possible questions that you may have when this procedure is in question. Finally, this whole thing will not take you more than 10 minutes to complete and if you have trouble setting it up, you can contact someone from our staff to help you out. Well, sometimes even the best setup guides don’t work, and in such case we suggest you to contact support. As the best VPN for Windows LimeVPN gives its customers the best support service – we provide remote one-by-one VPN setup sessions on demand. Don’t hesitate to contact us.