Windows Vista VPN Setup Instructions (OpenVPN)
How to setup VPN on Windows Vista using OpenVPN
- To download the OpenVPN Windows installer, visit the OpenVPN downloads page;
- Click Run to run the installer
- You may encounter a security prompt: “Do you want to run or save this file?” Click Run to run the software;
- You may encounter a User Account Control prompt: “A program needs your permission to continue“. Click Continue;
- The Setup Wizard prompt will appear. Click Next to continue;
- The OpenVPN license agreement and terms appear. Click I Agree to continue;
- The component selection dialog appears. Leave all components checked with their default settings and click Next;
- Select your destination folder and click InstallNote the Destination Folder location during install (usually C:\Program Files\OpenVPN);
- When the installation is complete, click on Next;
- The wizard will notify you of the completion of the installation and prompt you to click Finish;
- Download and Extract configuration (ZIP): ZIP: Extract the files into the config folder in the OpenVPN destination folder referenced in step 6. By default, it will be C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config
- Click Extract all files;
- “Select a Destination and Extract Files” prompt will appear. Click Browse;
- Locate the Destination Folder referred to in step 7, and find the config folder within it. Click Extract to begin extraction;
- Click Start, then All Programs;
- Find OpenVPN GUI, right click on it and select Properties;
- Click on Compatibility tab, and check “Run this program as an administrator“. Click OK;
- Again click Start, find OpenVPN GUI and open it.
How to Connect Windows Vista to VPN using OpenVPN app
- In the taskbar tray, right click on the OpenVPN GUI icon, find the site to connect to from the menu and choose Connect from the site’s submenu
- Enter your LimeVPN Login email and Password when prompted and click OK
- The OpenVPN GUI icon in the tray will turn green once the secure connection is established
How to Disconnect from OpenVPN
- In the taskbar tray, right click on the OpenVPN GUI icon, find the site to connect to from the menu and choose Disconnect from the site’s submenu
- The OpenVPN GUI icon in the tray will turn red once the disconnection is complete
So, you’re setting up a VPN connection on Windows Vista using OpenVPN protocol
Simply try to follow this step-by-step guide and don’t forget to look into screenshots section. These easy-to-follow guide on How to configure VPN on Windows Vista will help you to set up an OpenVPN VPN connection in 5 minutes. It may seem like a lot of work but it’s only about installing one single OpenVPN app and configuring it. You only need to do it once and then you can always connect to VPN in one click. You can use this guide as a tutorial for “setting up VPN connection on Windows Vista with OpenVPN” for any VPN provider, one thing that you’ll need is OpenVPN app configuration files pack from your VPN provider. OpenVPN software is working with all Windows versions starting with OpenVPN for Windows XP.
How to create VPN connection on Windows Vista using OpenVPN?
The mystery of setting up VPN connection on Windows Vista is solved by looking at the guide that is presented above. This Windows Vista OpenVPN setup guide is very detailed and it needs to be carefully studied before actually starting the procedure itself. It is not really a difficult thing to do as long as you go step by step and understand each step separately. In other words, setting up VPN connection on Windows Vista requires no additional skills apart from those required to operate Vista in general. You will certainly not find a better Windows Vista OpenVPN setup tutorial anywhere else and if you are having trouble understanding it, you can also contact us for support. In case your OpenVPN connection doesn’t work please contact support.